Friday, May 25, 2007

No, Seriously

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

It has given me the opportunity to learn something about some things I would otherwise never have had the time or inclination to pursue. I have learned some new terminology, and an expanded vocabulary is (almost)always a good thing.


What were your favorite Learning 2.0 discoveries or exercises?

Library Thing, and the personalized google search engine.


Did anything surprise you?

I anticipated that I might learn things that would help me help patrons with questions they have about these technologies. So far, I doubt that will be the case because I didn't have time to get into any of it enough to really discover all the potential uses &/or pitfalls. I can imagine possibly telling certain patrons about RSS Feeds or Library thing. And I think Library Thing may prove helpful for reader's advisory.


Was there enough help available when you needed it?

Yes.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?

Go for a more visually appealing look to the blog. Include a structured list of the URLs included in the various lessons in outline format on one page for handy future reference.

Would you like to see similar training opportunities as new library-relevant technologies emerge?


Yes.

And, last one, if you could go back in time and tell yourself to either participate in the program or skip it, what would you do?


Do it. I think most people who would answer differently probably dropped out along the way.

One more thing?

I won't know it until I see it.

No comments: