Monday, April 30, 2007

Custom Search Engines

I liked Google better than Rollyo-- Partly because the appearance is more familiar, and partly because a search for "Events" yielded a KCLS result on the first page of Google returns, where I found only Seattle and Sno-Isle (at least in the first 5 pages, which was as far as I went) in Rollyo. The search for "Programs" led to a quite different outcome. Since the two terms are fairly interchangeable, I would have more confidence in either engine if they gave me the same results on both. Too bad there's not an advanced search option that lets you use an OR operator (for those who don't know the sytax). I AM quite excited to have my own Google search engine (On Fine Art Paintings, of course). I chose to have it include the entire web, but emphasize my URLs, and so far, my results lists seem to be more relevant than what I get with a straight Google search.

1 comment:

Grannie Grins said...

I tried your recipe search engine.

Wow.

Judy